Programs by Season
Our Softball program is for North Attleboro residents in grades K through 8. All leagues are instructional and fun. Each team will have one practice per week. Minors, Majors, and Seniors Divisions will have two games a week. The kindergarten and 1st-grade programs will only be held on Saturdays. The program runs for 8 weeks and includes a t-shirt. The program runs from April through June and sign-ups are from January through March.
NAMS Intramural Track
For both Boys and Girls in the Middle School. Students will be instructed in the following events: shot put, 100-meter dash, 1-mile run, long jump, 200-meter run, 4x400 relay, high jump, 400-meter run, and the discus. Practices are three days a week from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm at the North Attleboro High School Track. You will also be participating in dual and tri-meets, all of which are at the NAHS Track. The program will run for approximately 6 weeks in May and June. Sign-up is in March/early April.
NAMS Intramural Volleyball
Spring Volleyball is for Middle School girls and typically meets twice a week beginning in April. The program consists of mostly games, but there will also be instruction. All skill levels are welcome to join!
Summer Playground Program
The Summer Playground Program (SPP) is an 8-week program that takes place at the Community Field playground. The hours of the program are 9 am to 3:30 pm However, if there is enough interest in extended hours, we have run them in the past. The program is open to all North Attleboro residents that will be entering grades 1 through 6 in the fall. Registration usually starts on the 1st Saturday of April and runs until the program is full. The program is limited to 250 "full-time" participants. We also offer a "drop-in" program which allows you to choose any 10 days to attend the program.
Our SPP2 program is similar to our Summer Playground Program and is offered for North Attleboro residents entering grades 7 and 8 in the fall. The program is limited to 50 participants.
Summer Sports Weeks
Our Summer Sports Weeks are for all area residents, registration begins around the middle of April.
- Cheerleading: Our half-day week-long cheerleading program is run by NAHS coaches and student-athletes for children entering grades 3 through 8.
- FUNdamentals of Basketball: Co-Ed session for children entering 2nd-6th grades. This program teaches the basics of basketball in a fun half-day, four day program.
- Volleyball: This 1 week program is for girls entering grades 5 through 9. All levels of experience are welcome to participate.
- Field Hockey: For children in 3rd through 9th grade. This 1 week program run by NAHS Varsity Field Hockey Coach Karen Folan is for both beginners and experienced players.
- P.E. Fun: Our popular P.E. Fun program for children in K-2nd grade or 3rd-5th grade is run by NAMS Teachers. This 1 week program promotes fun, fitness, and sportsmanship.
- Wide World of Sports: This four-day action-packed program features a different sport each day.
- Wrestling: This wrestling clinic is for students of all experience levels entering grades 3 through 8 in the fall. Coach Poirier of the Kryptonite Klub runs this program with a fun first philosophy.
- Girl's Lacrosse: Beginners and advanced players entering grades 2 through 9 are welcome to participate in this 1 week program run by NAHS Varsity Lacrosse coach Karen Folan.
- Golf: Summer Golf Program coming soon!
Instrumental Music Week
This two-week program for students entering grades 7 through 9 is run by NAMS and NAHS music teachers. Students will work on technique and participate in a variety of group performances with the opportunity to learn about other instruments in the exploratory class. This program will also feature team-building recreational activities. Area residents with traditional band ensemble experience are welcome.
Summer Zoo Crew
This summer program offers children entering grades 4 through 8 a hands-on experience with the animals at the WWI Memorial Park and Zoo. 4 different weeks are offered and each week has a field trip and a guest speaker. Registration is in late April and weeks run in July and August.
Junior Zoo Rangers
This program for children entering grades 1 through 3 in the fall is a hands-on experience at the zoo including animal interactions, crafts, and more! Children will be learning the responsibilities of caring for the animals, as well as fun outdoor activities.
This is a hands-on zoo experience for 3-5 year-olds with a parent or guardian. Children will be learning colors, sounds, and textures through animal interaction, crafts, sharing, and playing games. Sessions are offered in Fall, Spring, and Summer.
Swim Lessons at the World War II Memorial Pool are for children ages 3 through 12 years old. Lessons are offered for Pre-K to Level 6. Classes are offered between 9 am to 12:15 pm; most classes meet twice a week.
Our Fall Soccer program is for North Attleboro residents in grades Pre-K through 6. Our 8-week soccer program features games on Saturdays and practices once a week. Registration begins in June and the season starts in September and runs through the end of October.
Offered for the first time in the Summer and Fall of 2012, this program is for area residents at least 10 years old. Participants will learn robotics basics by building and keeping their own programmable robots.
Run by North America Hockey Systems (NAHS) Field Hockey coach Karen Folan, our popular Field Hockey program is for girls in grades 3 through 8. Older grades will have instruction and games. Younger grades will only have instruction. Look to register at the start of the school year, with the season starting shortly after that.
NAMS Fall Intramurals
- Flag Football: Flag Football is for Middle School Students and takes place on Kelly Field in September and October after School. Games are officiated by high school students and full statistical records are kept and posted in the Middle School. League is run by Mr. Roy. Look for registration at the start of the school year. Full details will be posted in the NAMS Intramural Section during the season.
- Theatre: NAMS Theatre Club is run by NAHS Theatre Company Director Lisa Forsgard. The program features a performance at the conclusion of the session.
- Cross Country: NAMS Intramural Cross Country is coached by Mrs. Monahan; this program includes practices and meets.
Basketball- North Attleboro residents in grades K through 8 are welcome to join our 8-week Basketball program. Games are on Saturdays and practices will be held one night during the week. Registration begins in October and the season begins at the beginning of December.
Once our 8-week basketball program ends, check out Basketball Winter Session 2. Offered on Saturday mornings for 4 weeks, this program is for North Attleboro residents in grades K through 5.
Our Friday Night Ski Trips to Wachusett Mountain are for students in grades 5 through 12. The cost of registration at Park and Recreation includes transportation and supervision. Passes, Rentals, and Lesson packages can be purchased through Wachusett Mountain. All skill levels are welcome. Registration begins in October and the program starts at the start of January.
NAMS Winter Intramurals
Basketball- Intramural Basketball is for Middle School Students only. This 4-on-4 program has no coaches, the players are the coaches. This popular program is run by NAMS Physical Education Teacher John Dempsey. Registration takes place in late November; the season starts in December.
Floor Hockey- Intramural Floor Hockey is for Middle School students and takes place in the NAMS Gym after school. Full stats are kept and there are no coaches, the players do the coaching themselves. Floor Hockey is run by NAMS teachers and starts in February.
Yoga for Adults
10-week class in beginning yoga. Yoga is a great way to learn to relax the body and the mind. Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-7 pm in Room 325 in the Middle School. You may sign-up for one day a week or two. Sessions run in the Fall, Winter, and Spring.
Zumba is currently offered on Wednesdays from 6 pm to 6:50 pm and Fridays from 5:30 pm to 6:20 pm upstairs at the Mason Fieldhouse. Each class is $5 per visit.
Dance & Gymnastics
Sessions are offered throughout the year for boys and girls ages 3 to Kindergarten.
Erin MastalerzOffice Manager
Parks & RecreationPhysical Address
446 Elm Street
North Attleborough, MA 02760
446 Elm Street Mason Fieldhouse North Attleborough MA 02760
Phone: 508-699-0100 Ext. 2647Fax: 508-695-6289
Monday: 8 am to 4 pm
Tuesday: 8 am to 4 pm
Wednesday: 8 am to 4 pm
Thursday: 8 am to 4 pm
Friday: 8 am to noon