2023 Water Restriction Notice
The North Attleborough Water Department has issued a Mandatory Non-Essential Water Use Restriction beginning May 1, 2023. This water use restriction shall be effective through September 30, 2023.
Water restrictions will be based on an ODD/EVEN time schedule.
- Odd numbered addresses are allowed on Tuesday only before 9 AM and after 5 PM.
- Even numbered addresses are allowed on Thursday only before 9 AM and after 5 PM.
Non-essential water use is defined as the following:
- Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems except on the days and times noted.
- Washing of vehicles, except in a commercial car wash.
- Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways, except as necessary to apply surface treatments such as paint, preservatives or cement.
The following uses may be allowed when mandatory restrictions are in place:
- Irrigation to establish a new lawn and new plantings during the months of May through September.
- Irrigation of public parks and recreational fields by means of automatic sprinklers outside the hours of 9 am to 5 pm.
- Watering lawns, gardens, flowers and ornamental plants by means of a hand-held hose.
Violation of the Non-Essential Water Use Restriction may result in penalties:
- 1st offence – Reminder Notice to home (documented)
- 2nd offence – Written Warning to home delivered by mail.
- 3rd offence – $50 Fine.
- 4th offence – $100 Fine (daily for each additional offence)
Water Restrictions are put in place to preserve the integrity of the water supply and to ensure availability of water for domestic usage and firefighting requirements. Please note that the Town’s restrictions are needed to maintain compliance with the Town’s Water Management Withdrawal Permit.
For additional information, please call the Water Division at (508) 695-7790.