Permits Required

Always check with us for required inspections and scheduling.

Permits are required for the following:

  • Trenches
  • Sheet Metal
  • New Construction (residential/commercial)
  • Additions/Renovations/Alterations/Change of Use (residential/commercial)
  • Prefabricated structures/Manufactured homes
  • Accessory structures over 25 square feet (floor area) (e.g. sheds, Gazebos, Tents, Towers, Retaining walls, Monuments)
  • Re-Siding/Re-Roofing/Replacement Windows or Doors
  • Swimming pools (above and inground)/hot tubs/decks/docks
  • Demolition/removal/relocation (Health Department notification for hazardous material disposal is required. Be aware of thermostat mercury, oils, lead, asbestos…etc.
  • Signs (wall or Pylon), temporary/portable/banners/awnings
  • Fireplaces/Wood Stoves/Pellet Stoves/Power Vents/ Chimney (Masonary)
  • Electrical Systems/Telephones/Low Voltage/Burglar Alarm (any electrical changes (new or replacements)
  • Solar Panels
  • Plumbing & Gas (any installation or repair)
  • Mechanical/HVAC (heating, venting and air conditioning) Fire Protection/Sprinkler Systems
  • Insulation
  • Certificate of Inspection (Necessary for New Comm. Tenants with no structural changes)
  • Emerald Square Mall Kiosk / display of vehicles / event
  • Carnival / Fairs
  • Temporary Trailers, Mobile homes, Offices, etc.
  • Periodic Inspection Certificates
  • Ownership name change of a business