Always check with us for required inspections and scheduling.
Permits are required for the following types of things.
This list is an example of items that require permits it is NOT to be considered an all inclusive list - If there is a question - Call the office at 508-699-0110 for a determination
- Sheet Metal
- New Construction (residential/commercial)
- Additions/Renovations/Alterations/Change of Use (residential/commercial)
- Prefabricated structures/Manufactured homes
- Structures over 25 square feet (floor area)
- Tents over 10 x 10'
- Re-Siding/Re-Roofing/Replacement Windows or Doors
- Swimming pools (above and inground)/hot tubs/decks/docks
- Demolition/removal/relocation (Health Department notification for hazardous material disposal is required. Be aware of thermostat mercury, oils, lead, asbestos…etc.
- Signs (wall or Pylon), temporary/portable/banners/awnings
- Fireplaces/Wood Stoves/Pellet Stoves/Power Vents/ Chimney (Masonary)
- Electrical Systems/Telephones/Low Voltage/Burglar Alarm (any electrical changes (new or replacements)
- Solar Panels
- Plumbing & Gas (any installation or repair)
- Mechanical/HVAC (heating, venting and air conditioning) Fire Protection/Sprinkler Systems
- Certificate of Inspection (Necessary for New Comm. Tenants with no structural changes)
- Emerald Square Mall Kiosk / display of vehicles / event
- Carnival / Fairs
- Temporary Trailers, Mobile homes, Offices, etc.
- Periodic Inspection Certificates
- Ownership name change of a business