- Tax Credit - Click here for details.
- Property Tax Exemption - Click here for details.
- Consumer Affairs Tax Relief Guides - https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/tax-relief/
Senior Tax Work-Off Program
An informational meeting for NEW participants only that are interested in participating will be held on Tuesday, May 14th from 1:00 - 2:00 at The Senior Center. New applicants are given first priority and selected before anyone who participated in past years.
If there are any additional spots available, applications will be accepted from part participants from Monday, May 20th through Thursday, May 23rd.
- Program Requirements: Applicants must be 60 years of age or older as of January 1, 2019; be a homeowner as of January 1, 2019 and occupy the property for which property taxes are paid.
- All applicants must fill out a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) request form, W-4, provide a copy of their driver’s license and a current property tax bill.
- NEW applicants must also fill out an I-9 (proof that you are authorized to work in the United States) and provide a copy of their passport or birth certificate.
- You are making a commitment to work 45.5 hours from July 8th through October 18th which will be 15 week period. This averages to about 3 hours per week so please keep this in mind. Some job positions can be completed quicker if you work more hours weekly but nothing is guaranteed. Please speak to Pamela Hunt, Executive Director if you are planning to be on vacation during that period or unavailable for any length of time during that period. We usually have a wait list for this very popular program and please do not take a slot if you are not able to work the entire 45.5 hours to receive $500.00 off your property taxes.