Effective Monday, October 22, 2018, new commuter rail schedules will go into effect. There are minor changes to trains that serve your community. These changes are designed to utilize new or improved track infrastructure, eliminate freight conflicts, and minimize train traffic that can cause congestion and delays. Commuter rail schedules are adjusted twice a year, spring and fall, to meet changing passenger needs, reflect investments and upgrades to the system and further improve on-time performance (OTP).
Below are changes that are over 5 minutes
· #843 (outbound 6:18am from South Station) Will now operate as a non-revenue train - Very low ridership train
o Train 803 makes the same station stops 13 minutes later.
· #901 (outbound 5:20am from South Station) Will now operate as a non-revenue train - Very low ridership train
· #818 (inbound 11:10am from Providence) – Departs 5 minutes later at 11:15am
o This change reduces conflict with Amtrak #2150
· #836 (inbound 8:53pm from Wickford Junction) – Departs 5 minutes later at 8:58pm
o This change reduces conflict with Amtrak #2170 and #94
· #916 (inbound 5:15pm from Stoughton) – Departs 5 minutes later. (5:20pm)
o This change extends time window for a tight turn-around from #915, improving resiliency
· 1802 (inbound 6:35am from Providence) Departs 10 minutes earlier at 6:25am
o This change eliminates conflicts with Franklin Line weekend adjustments.
· 1804 (inbound 8:35am from Providence) Departs 10 minutes earlier at 8:25am
Passengers are encouraged to visit www.mbta.com (http://www.mbta.com) to view their new schedules prior to October 22nd. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. Thank you.