Town of North Attleborough
Important information Regarding Your Tax Bill
Under “An Act to Address Challenges Faced by Municipalities and State Authorities Resulting From COVID-19,” Chapter 53 of the Acts of 2020, North Attleborough has adopted local options to extend due dates for Real Estate and Personal Property tax payments and applications for exemptions and deferrals. See below.
1. The due date of your Real Estate and Personal Property tax bill(s) has been extended to June 1, 2020. June 1, 2020 is the new due date even if the due date for payment on your previously mailed tax bill(s) is May 1, 2020.
2. The due date for applications for property tax exemptions and deferrals has also been extended to June 1, 2020. June 1, 2020 is the new due date even if the due date for applications on your previously mailed tax bill is April 1, 2020.
This extension applies to applications for the exemptions listed in the third paragraph of G.L. c. 59, § 59, including exemptions under clauses 17, 17C, 17C1/2 and 17D (seniors, surviving spouses, minor children of deceased parent); 18 (financial hardship – activated military, age and infirmity); 22, 22A, 22B, 22C, 22D, 22E, 22F and 22H (veterans, surviving spouses and surviving parents); 37 and 37A (blind persons); 41, 41B, 41C and 41C1/2 (seniors); 42 and 43 (surviving spouse and minor children of firefighter/police officer killed in line of duty); 52 (certain eligible seniors); 53 (certain eligible properties with septic systems); 56 (National Guard and reservists on active duty in foreign countries); and 57 (local option tax rebates). This extension also automatically applies to applications for residential exemptions under G.L. c. 59, § 5C, for small commercial exemptions under G.L. c. 59, § 5I and for deferrals under G.L. c. 59, § 5, clauses 41A (seniors) and 18A (poverty or financial hardship due to change to active military).
Real Estate and Personal Property tax payments may be made by:
- Mail (c/o Collector P.O. Box 871 North Attleboro, MA 02760-0871)
- On-line bill pay (see www.nattleboro.com)
- Drop-box (left side, rear entrance to Town Hall 43 South Washington St.).
Questions about your Real Estate or Personal Property tax bill(s) may be answered by calling the Collectors Office 508-699-0108. If no answer, please leave a message and phone number.
Applications for exemptions or deferrals may be made by:
- Mail (c/o Assessors Office 43 South Washington St. North Attleboro, MA 02760)
See the Assessors webpage on the Town’s website (www.nattleboro.com) for forms. Assessors Office 508-699-0117.
April 14, 2020