The building was constructed in 1893 and is located in the village of Attleborough Falls at 100 Commonwealth Avenue in North Attleborough. It was an active fire station until 1976, when it was replaced with a station built on Kelley Boulevard (Route 152). The Falls Fire Barn was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
The North Attleborough Fire Barn Preservation Society, Inc. now operates the site as a museum. Every third grader in the town's school system visits the museum as part of the annual third grade "Tour of the Town" program. Each student sees firsthand the diverse culture and history of the town of North Attleborough.
The North Attleborough Fire Barn Preservation Society, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit corporation that is solely responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the building, along with the cost of utilities and operating expenses. The Society depends on donations from the public to aid in their preservation efforts.
The Falls Fire Barn Museum of North Attleborough History is open to the public on Saturday mornings from 9 until noon.