Today's North Attleborough High School, just off of Landry Avenue, is actually the fourth school to have that designation. The first two are long gone and exist only in old photos or drawings. The first "high school" classes commenced in 1867 in a small wooden building on South Washington Street near the corner of Barrows Street.
North Attleborough's second High School was built in 1881 and stood at the northwest corner of High and Broad Streets. This building burned to the ground on May 28, 1917. A Colonial Revival-style house was built on the site of the burnt-out High School in 1919. It was erected by J. Carley M.D. and has a current address of 31-33 High Street.
Within three weeks of the 1917 fire, voters approved the purchase of a lot on South Washington Street as the site of a third North Attleborough High School. The cost of the land was $40,000. The new High School, at 45 South Washington Street, was dedicated on November 10, 1919. The High School remained in this location until the fall of 1973 when it moved to its current location on Wilson W Whitty Way. Today, the building at 45 South Washington Street houses the Community Elementary School which serves kindergarten through Grade 5 students.