Located on the southeast corner of Broad and Grove Streets, the Church of the Nazarene was built about 1895. It was originally built by the Trinity Society and was called the Trinity Congregational Church. That church ran something called a "Chinese Sunday School" in the building between 1900 and 1910.
In 1920 the building was purchased by the Christian Missionary Alliance and became the First Emmanuel Church. Later it became known as the Gospel Tabernacle of the Christian Missionary Alliance. The building was also used by the Grace Episcopal Church, after their original church was destroyed by fire on December 2, 1929. Grace Episcopal held their services in the morning, while the Gospel Tabernacle held theirs in the afternoon. This arrangement lasted until a new Grace Episcopal Church was dedicated on May 24, 1931.
The building was sold again and on June 29, 1936 became the Church of the Nazarene.