The church is located on 2 May Street in the Adamsdale section of North Attleborough. It was organized in 1860 as a Sunday school by George Cushman who grew up in Adamsdale. The chapel was built in 1883 and the early history of the Sunday School is unclear as to events. The school was organized as the Christian Endeavor Society in 1883 and in 1899 was organized as Cushman Union Congregational Society which was the beginning of Cushman Union Church.
A very detailed history of the people and events is available in the book: "A short story of the Cushman Union Church of Adamsdale, Mass".