Bristol Lodge Masonic Building

Paul Revere chartered the Bristol Lodge which opened in Norton, Massachusetts on June 26, 1797. The Lodge moved to North Attleborough in 1830. A Masonic Hall building, dedicated on February 9, 1876, lasted just over a year. It was destroyed by fire on February 27, 1877. Fire would again destroy another Masonic Hall in North Attleborough on March 12, 1915.

300 Masons gathered on January 11, 1927, in the Odd Fellows Hall, where they had been meeting since the 1915 fire. At that meeting, they agreed to seek pledges totaling $20,000 to erect a new Bristol Lodge Masonic Building at 36 South Washington Street. The land had been donated by the family of the late industrialist, and Bristol Lodge member, G.K. Webster.

On June 25, 1927, the cornerstone was put in place for a Neo-classical three-story brick building. The first regular meeting of the Bristol Lodge at that site was held on January 19, 1928.