Located at 30 South Washington Street, North Attleborough's Post Office is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places as a contributing element to the North Attleborough Town Center Historic District. The building was constructed in 1916 and is a simple version of the Georgian Revival Style.
Its architect, James A. Wetmore (1863-1940), held the post of Architectural Supervisor of the United States Treasury Department in Washington, D.C. Wetmore's office designed at least 2.000 buildings for the Federal Government.
James A. Munroe (1882 to 1948), the man who built the Post Office, was a native of Scotland and was North Attleborough's leading contractor for many years. Local historian Richard L. Sherman noted that Munroe had "built all but one store on the east side of North Washington Street between Mason Avenue and Elm Street." During World War II, James A. Munroe, and his son Richard, built fuel depots for the Navy worth $22,000,000.