This is the building that gave Bank Street its name. No longer a bank, it was once the home to two separate banks at the same time. Located at 17 South Washington Street, at the corner of Bank Street, the National Bank Building is one of the oldest commercial structures in downtown North Attleborough. The exact date of construction is uncertain, but it appears on an 1858 map of the town.
The Attleborough Savings Bank was located here from 1860, when it was incorporated, until 1903 when they moved to 48 North Washington Street. The Attleborough National Bank (later called Manufacturer's National Bank) was founded in 1885 and was located here until 1922 when they constructed a new building at 67 North Washington Street.
During the 1920s, after the banks had moved on, a one-story addition was built out from the front of the building's Italianate facade. Over the ensuing decades, this addition has been the home to a variety of business ventures. The National Bank Building is one of 31 buildings in the North Attleborough Town Center Historic District that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.